Meet Our Instructional Aides

At Arno, we have seven instructional aides who service students within the classrooms under the teachers’ direction. They work with students in small groups to help accelerate their academic skills. Although they are part of different state and federally funded Academic Support Programs, they all have the goal of helping students reach grade level benchmarks while using best practices and research-based methods.

Mrs. Angela Joarder

Mrs. Joarder has two children that were raised in the Allen Park School District and attended Arno Elementary as well. She became an instructional aide in 2012 and could not imagine a better place to work. Mrs. Joarder loves working in both individual and small group settings and enjoys using our reading program designed for intervention.

Mrs. Penny Beri

I’m so happy to be back at Arno, starting a new journey as an instructional aide. I am a mom of 3, all boys that keep me busy. I enjoy being around kids and watching them sponge information. I pride myself on always evolving and coming up with new and creative ideas to keep kids interested. My husband and I are high school sweethearts. In my spare time which is not often I love trying new things, learning, and watching movies. Of course reading has been a huge part of my life and had continued in a different way once I graduated from college days before my first born arrived. I’m excited to be back in school with all the kiddos enjoying new books and supporting them everyday.

Mrs. Margaret Moore

Mrs.Moore has been working at Arno for 13 years. The first 10 years she worked as a lunch aide and 3 years ago became a reading aide. She enjoys working with  students on reading and vocabulary. When not at work she spends her time with her husband and daughter building puzzles, planting in the spring and taking their dog for a walk. She is looking forward to a great school year reading with students.

Mrs. Amanda Madrigal

I’m so excited for every year that comes. I love to see all the kids and how they do from start to finish. I love working with small groups and getting to know all the kids. I like to hear what they have to say and the looks on their faces when they finally get something or catch on to what we are learning. I have two children still in school, one is a 12th grader, and one in 3rd grade. They both went to Arno. I love to read and spend time with my family. I have a husband, 4 children and one grandson.

Mrs. Mikeala Wilson

I have worked in APPS since 2008 and love what I do. I love working with children of all ages and watching them grow. It is a priceless moment when you are teaching either a reading strategy or a math problem and see that ah-hah moment come across their face. Whether I am working one on one or in a small group setting, working with children is my passion. I have raised two children through the district with my youngest starting her senior year this year. I am a proud parent, employee, resident, and friend of the APPS. I look forward to seeing returning friendly faces and welcoming new faces this school year.

Mrs. Carrie Vaughn

Mrs. Vaughn previously worked in a family law office as an administrative assistant for eighteen years.  During this time she attended Eastern Michigan University for early childhood education.  About seven years ago she shifted gears and started working as a substitute teacher in Allen Park, mainly working at Arno.  During this transition she realized that she enjoys working with individual students and small groups, she then took a position as an Instructional Aide.  Her daughter, Madilynn, attended Arno and is currently in eleventh grade at Allen Park High School.  She and her daughter are active in the High School PTSA; they are Founder’s Day Co-Chairs.  Mrs. Vaughn enjoys spending time with her husband and daughter, traveling, planting flowers, and reading.

Mrs. Kelley Keysaer

Mrs. Keysaer has three kids.  They are all former Arno cougars. One is now in college and the other two are at APHS.  She was a frequent parent volunteer while her kids were at Arno. She is excited to now be working as an Instructional Aide.